The Governor of Abia state Dr Okezie Ikpeazu has approved the inauguration of the committee on the implementation of the 30,000 minimum wage, in a release signed by the Honourable Commissioner for Information Chief John okiyi Kalu, the committee is made up of 16 members with the state Head of service Sir Onyii Wamah as chairman, other members of the committee include, Permanent Secretary Bureau of Establishment and pension, Permanent Secretary Ministry of Justice, NLC chairman, TUC chairman, Chairman joint negotiating council and others, the committee is expected to submit their report on or close of work on 31st December 2019.
Below is the full details of the release.
Abia State Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, has approved the setting up of a joint negotiating committee on the implementation of the new minimum wage in the state.
The team which is expected to conclude its work and submit its report to the Governor on or before the 31st of December, 2019, includes the following members:
1. Head of Service (Chairman)
2. Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance
3. Permanent Secretary/Executive Secretary, Planning Commission
4. Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Justice
5. Permanent Secretary, Establishment/Pension (Secretary)
6. Permanent Secretary, LG Service Commision
7. Auditor General of the State
8. Accountant-General of the state
9. Joint Council Chairman (Labour spokesman)
10. TUC Chairman
11. NLC Chairman
12. N U T Chairman
13. NULGE Chairman
14. Chairman council 1
15. Chairman council 2
16. Chairman Council 3
The Committee will be inaugurated on Wednesday, 11th December, 2019, by the Deputy Governor, Rt. Hon. Ude Oko Chukwu, PhD, at the conference room, office of the Deputy Governor.
Chief John Okiyi Kalu
Honorable Commisioner for Information, Abia State.